2018 IAB UK & PwC Digital Adspend Study: The Market Grows
The UK digital advertising market is worth £13.44bn, an increase year-on-year of 15%, reveals the 2018 IAB UK & PwC Digital Adspend Study.
- The majority of all growth is coming from smartphone advertising, which has increased by £1.65bn (35%) from 2017.
- Smartphone advertising now represents 51% of all UK digital ad spend, up from 45% in 2017.
- Video is now the largest display format (£2307m), overtaking standard display banners (£1486m).
- Outstream/social in-feed has increased its majority in total video spend, now occupying a share of 57%, up from 52% in 2017.
- Social revenue now represents 23% of all digital ad spend.
- Growth is predicted to slow during 2019, with 5% estimated growth (+9% digital, +11% display, +9% search) compared to 15% in 2018.
Advertisers embracing mobile
“As consumers spend more of their time online, it’s no surprise that digital ad spend has continued its rise, up 15% to £13.4bn. With digital, in every sense, becoming further embedded in our daily lives, it is inevitable that this number is set to rise further next year.
“Given the vast majority of people using their smartphone as their primary digital device, evident from site traffic stats we see across the board, the IAB report shows that advertisers have started to fully embrace this shift by following with ad spend. Over the last few years, a combination of faster wireless connectivity along with more capable devices has made it the go-to device for consumers to get online. This is set to continue over the next few years with 5G and even faster, more capable smartphones arriving (i.e. foldables) that will further cement ‘mobile’ as the main digital device to reach consumers.”
-Wajid Ali, Head of Paid Search, ForwardPMX
You May Find These Interesting
This article originally appeared on PYMNTS.COM. The present tense for voice commerce shows an eager and accelerated installed base with 90 million devices in the U.S. But as with everything digital these days, the future is a lot closer than it used to be. And the...
This article originally appeared on Econsultancy. Richard Brosgill is the Managing Director APAC & RU, at ForwardPMX, a global brand performance agency. We caught up with Richard to find out more about his role. Please describe your job: What do you do? I’m in...
This story originally appeared in Luxury Daily. British fashion label Mulberry has named ForwardPMX to lead its performance marketing program in China, targeting one of the fastest-growing luxury markers worldwide that has survived the COVID-19 outbreak relatively...