‘Everyone is too siloed’: Insights from the Digiday Future of TV Summit
TV and digital have been on a collision course for years, but they are finally meeting head-on.
TV advertisers are buying networks’ streaming video (OTT) inventory. Digital advertisers are investing in addressable TV. And both are converging within connected TV. However, the increasing parity between TV and digital is not without its headaches, as advertisers on either side try to understand the ongoing merger of the two channels. Brand and agency execs gathered at Digiday’s Future of TV Summit in Palm Springs, California, to discuss the opportunities and challenges as the future of TV advertising draws closer.
1. The Future of TV demands a dictionary.
2. Focusing too much on price can obscure advanced TV advertising’s value
3. The connected TV ad toolset needs better tools
4. Advanced TV’s household targeting balances scale and specificity
ForwardPMX’s Jesse Math explained how performance marketers are investing in connected TV. His key points:
- Performance marketers are applying the audience-based buying strategies they have honed on Facebook to connected TV, which they see as a potential alternative to Facebook.
- For their connected TV campaigns, performance marketers aren’t focusing on TV metrics like reach and frequency but business outcomes like site traffic and store visits.
- Mapping various devices in a household, including connected TVs, enables advertisers to attribute their connected TV ads to business results.
- Private marketplaces offer a way for advertisers to know and control the inventory that they are buying and measure performance by inventory provider.
You May Find These Interesting
In the last four years, Richard Brosgill has expanded UK-based ForwardPMX’s footprint from Hong Kong to Singapore, the mainland, South Korea and Moscow while also upping its game to strategy and consultancy. This article originally appeared in Campaign Asia. Treat...
ForwardPMX's annual report unpacks the current and future state of the online luxury market. This article originally appeared in Women's Wear Daily. ForwardPMX’s latest report analyzes the current and future state of the global online luxury sector, which is poised to...
As an unprecedented health crisis has swept across the globe, shutting down businesses and impacting workflows, marketers and advertisers across Europe have been forced to communicate with consumers in unprecedented ways. But even as businesses have contracted and...